Monday, November 28, 2011

Bravo's The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap Opinion 11/29 Adrienne's Fashion Show

 My take/recap on Adrienne's Fashion Show

The show started off w/ Lisa (late for a wedding meeting) Pandora, and company.  We see the "official invite"~a beautiful boxed invite @ $150 a piece for $100 guests.  Yes, 15000..fyi...In a recent survey conducted by The Knot, it was revealed that the average wedding is now about $27,800.  I think the invite is beautiful, but not $150 beautiful...Maybe $30 at most?  I just got married and had my stationary personally designed.  For absolutely everything from the Save the Date to the invite to the thank you etc. it was about $1200.00 & I thought that was a lot.  Okay you get my point...the invite is over the top. I actually like  Kevin Lee (he reminds me of Fronk on Father of the Bride). Pandora, Lisa, and co. sip drinks with their mixologist. Lisa doesn't look to happy with the whole infused vodka with things "smoking" and "steaming".  ALthough it is a bit much and looks like my son's science experiment I do think it could add something "different" to a wedding!  Kevin Lee is all about the "wow" factor.  When I got married I thought simple and classical was beautiful, but everybody has their own "taste".  I just hope Pandora makes decisions based on what her husband and her want.   Lisa and Kevin both seem to think they are the one(s) getting married.
We see Adrienne with a bunch of her shoes around a table with other designers/workers talking about designing Adrienne's shoe line.  I loved the shoes, but there was a huge variety of shoes.  WOW!  I commend Adrienne for having her logo and placement all thought out.  She appears to be a really great and hands on business woman.
Somewhere in there Kyle and Brandi go for a pedi (Taylor is suppose to be in attendance, but cancels at the last minute).  Brandi asks Kyle's advice because she wants to invite the gals over and clean the slate so to speak.  She wants to have a b*** J** class.  Kyle lookes annoyed and says not with this crowd!  We know Kyle this crowd is hard to please!
On to the therapy session with Russell and Taylor---Talk about uncomfortable for the viewer.  I was carefully listening to the therapist and he really sounded like he knew what he was doing.  The thought going through my head is...What went wrong?  Russell and Taylor did look really uncomfortable, but they are being filmed for national tv while at a therapist.  I love my husband and I would be nervous too.  Although they seem to be saying they want each other, but now acting like it.  Side note:  How did this tragic ending occur when there was this amazing support system?  Russell and Taylor stated they were committed to going forward, but we know that doesn't happen...so sad! 

Step Up http://www.suwn.org/is an organization that Adrienne belives in and she tells us she is hosting a fashion show for the charity, a designer, and her shoes.  Amazing to see her "give back".
Adrienn's fashion show/charity event appeared to go well.  Since the main focus was Step Up Adrienne decided not to focus too much on her shoes. Understood.  However, I think she could have tastefully showed her shoes.  It kind of takes away from the point.Yes, it was about the charity, but also about the fashion.  Show off your shoes Maloof!
Immediately when Lisa walks into the event Adrienne pulls her to the side and has a talk with her about Pandora's Bach party being held at Planet Hollywood not The Palms.  A little petty much? I did understand and I took Adrienne's side last episode. But we learn there is more to this..   Lisa explains that the owner of Planet Hollywood LV is a long time friend and wanted to do the bach party...At this point Adrienne should have "backed down". I think that was a good reason for Lisa to have it @ Planet Hollywood.  An old fam friend offered. Adrienne wanted an apology she didn't get it. FYI Adrienne you can give me a suite at the Palms and I will tell everybody I know how FABULOUS it is...:-).  You have a right to your feelings honey, but Lisa didn't do this on purpose.
Anyway...More of the fashion party~We see Camille and Taylor face to face at the ladies bathroom and Taylor states they need to talk at another time.  Agreed.  Camille is the voice of reason and so cute this season. Last episode I don't think she was trying to start trouble, but just trying to be a "friend". So much for that because now Taylor appears to hate her.
We hear a little bit about the drama with Brandi and her ex. I didn't like her @ first, but now I feel bad for her...She was dumped and now has to deal with problems re the kids? Not a very nice move dude!
Lisa says in her interview that the vanderpump is going to kick the Maloof a**....Lisa I like you, but u are a little "full" of yourself here and really immature..You should support not compete against your friend!  Do you really NEED people to buy your shoes so badly that you will "dig" at Adrienne?  Where is the Vanderpump sold?  I can't seem to find it anywhere, but Adrienne's shoes are everywhere...HMMM
Where was Kim this episode?
We saw a glimpse of Dana, but she didn't say much.
Looking forward to next episode...It looks like there will be a "fight"..Stay tuned fellow housewives.

1 comment:

  1. Did anybody see the previews? Do you think Taylor is attacking Dedra (Camille's friend/make up artist) in the next episode? Looking forward to MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete